Position: Event Operations Executive
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Work Experienced Required: 1-3 Years Industry Experience.
Purpose of the Role
This role, which is integral to the successful and efficient running of the Operations team, encompasses a broad range of administrative, support and customer service functions.
This will involve working closely with the Operations Manager to ensure that the Operations Department continues to provide their high level service to internal teams and managers as well as to external contractors, suppliers and venues.
You will be responsible for floor plan, stand package and critical path management, compliance procedures and documentation and various other administration. Furthermore, you will have the opportunity to be present onsite at events/shows, lending support and assistance to the Operations Manager/s. A core element of the role will be liaising with the show teams and external suppliers/partners to deliver the highest quality events.
Comic Con India (CCI) was started with an inaugural show in February of 2011 in Delhi. The first ever Indian Comic Con as it was called then was hosted at the open-air craft bazaar, Dilli Haat, in the capital. Held over 2 days, it featured 25 exhibitors and attracted close to 5000 visitors. Over the years since – Comic Con India expanded to 5 cities – Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad & Pune. And attracted over 1,50,000 visitors cumulatively with over 1000 exhibitors at our shows (2015 Figures).
We provide a platform for brands to not only be part of our mission to expand popular culture, but to also engage with passionate fans across the country. We are dedicated to creating unique events and giving our fans, exhibitors and partner a platform to celebrate their undying love and passion for comics & pop culture.
Comic Con India is a joint venture with Reed Exhibitions (RX). A division of the RELX Group is the world leader in creating high profile, targeted industry events where buyers and suppliers come together to do business. Reed Exhibitions India is the organizer of market leading B2B and B2C shows across India covering high growth industry verticals such as logistics, packaging, manufacturing, fire and safety, retail, FMCG and pop culture
Floor Plan Management:
- Assist in creating floor plans for each show.
- Update and amend floor plans as changes are required
- Regularly conduct audits/reconciliations to ensure Operations floor plans match show Sales teams floor plan and invoiced orders to exhibitors
Stall Construction Management:
- Obtain list of stall upgrades, custom stalls etc from show teams
- Track and record received documentation
- Communicate approvals or otherwise, requests for further documentation etc to show teams so exhibitors can be kept informed
- In conjunction with the Operations Managers, prepare a critical path for the show calendar and for each individual show, mapping out Operations tasks/activities and timelines
- Maintain, update critical paths as the show year progresses
- Alert Operations Managers to upcoming critical path events to ensure required tasks/activities remain on track
- Carry out any critical path tasks/activities assigned to the Operations Assistant in line with the critical paths timelines
- Provide information and detailed specifications to various third parties (contractors, suppliers, venues etc) for quotations of products/services required
- Track, record and maintain correspondence relating to quotations from third parties
- Assist the Operations Managers with referencing quotations against available budgets
- Schedule meetings with third parties and Operations Managers as required
- Attend Contractor briefs/debriefs and meetings, taking minutes/notes accordingly to ensure a record is maintained and any required actions are noted
- Request information of and respond to enquiries from contractors
- Consistently provide an outstanding level of customer service both face to face and via telephone and/or written correspondence to internal customers/colleagues such as Operations Managers/Director, sales teams, co-ordinators, show Directors, Finance etc
- Consistently provide an outstanding level of customer service both face to face and via telephone and/or written correspondence to external/third parties such as contractors, suppliers, venues, exhibitors etc
- Respond promptly and professionally to requests for information
- Attend events/shows to support/assist the Operations Managers
- Assist with the co-ordination of the setup period, ensuring all venue, contractor and exhibitor activities are compliant, smooth and efficient
- Participate during show days to ensure the smooth and safe running of the event/show
- Assist with the dismantling period, ensuring all venue, contractor and exhibitor activities are compliant, smooth and efficient
- Liaise with and provide service to all contact points including Comic Con India staff, contractors, suppliers, venues, exhibitors etc
- Experience in an Operations Assistant/Co-ordinator role and/or a role heavily focussed around Customer Service
- Strong general computer literacy with email, Word, Excel etc
- Experience with or exposure to exhibitions/conferences/events will be highly regarded
- An autonomous self starter
- Ability to use initiative and be proactive
- Interested in continuous improvement by providing input/feedback into processes, systems, tasks
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Adopts a logical and structured approach
- Ability to identify and solve problems
- Ability to prioritise effectively and manage multiple tasks/timelines
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- A commitment to delivering outstanding customer service